Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Town Trip Recount


On Thursday 20th of May Tumu and I  went to Margaret Mahy and we had a rotation. The first one I went to was the Maori traditional mats and tuna  We learnt about what the Maori mats mean and we fed the tuna.Then I went on the waka we had to do a chant HE HA when we seed he we would paddle ha we seed ha we bang on the side of the waka. Then I went to Victoria Square. We looked around and  looked at the pou then we tried to draw the pou. Then we learnt about the Margaret Mahy playground Maori footpath. We walked around it and had stories in the stone, then we did a scavenger hunt.


My favorite part of the trip was the waka because I like being on the water and we got to sing em nak ana me and Quinn were leading the song it was so fun and I would totally do it again. 


Something I learnt was that  in the playground there's stories on the footpaths all around the playground. The stories are written by Margret Mahy another, which is also the name of the playground because the playground was named after her.I really loved that I found out this information.

 

The thing I found the most interesting was that there are 13 mats all over NZ and they all mean something around them like a playground.


This trip has helped me with my PBL because I learnt more about the country and more culture and it helped me understand more.I really like that the teachers and parent helpers have given up their time to teach us more about the culture by taking us to town.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Ruby,

    I love how you made your work in groups of what you did! I like the way your work gives a clear understanding of what you did at Margaret Mahy and Victoria square. Next time you could you could use a nice opening like welcome to my blog...

    Lauren,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren,
    Thank you for reading my blog post and giving me some advise it really helps me when you comment on my blog. I will do a greeting next time.
    Thank you bye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruby,

    It sounds like you had a great time in town. The waka looked really fun and I wish that the teachers got to go on it as well.

    The playground story was actually quite interesting. Do you ever go with your family to the playground?

    Mrs Bryce

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post